Wednesday 25 January 2017

Stripy Turtleneck

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through the Guthrie and Ghani website when I stumbled across this gorgeous black and white ribbed jersey fabric. I have a (slight) obsession with stripes, and instantly loved it! I ordered a metre (because I strictly speaking didn't need it) and for the next few days thought about what I wanted to make.

The idea of a turtleneck came into my head, because I love turtlenecks, and thought that the fabric would work really well in that style. For the pattern, I hacked my Tilly and the Buttons Coco pattern (yes, again!) and used a turtleneck that I already own to make any adjustments. All I had to do was raise the neckline, and make the turtleneck, so it was a really simple pattern.

The 3/4 length sleeves are actually a bit of an accident... 1 metre isn't really enough fabric to make a top, and I only had enough to make the sleeves cropped if the stripes were all going in the right direction. Luckily, I love it! I think that the length of the sleeves adds a bit of extra detail to the garment, and makes it a bit different too.

This was another really speedy sew, only a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. I have been working on the same project for a what feels like a very long time, so it was really nice to take a bit of a break from that and make something new! I've been looking at some of the clothes I own, and thinking about which ones I wear a lot, and at this time of year turtlenecks are a definite favourite, so I'm really pleased to have made one now.



No comments:

Post a Comment