Sunday 27 December 2020

Top 5 Favourite Makes of 2020


With all the strange events that this year has brought, a positive has come in the form of more sewing time. Whilst I can't say that spending six months stuck at home is something that I'd like to repeat, it did give me a lot of sewing time! Some of the projects that I've made this year are things that I know I'll love and wear for years to come. Here are 5 favourite makes, although narrowing it down was a challenge!


I'm kind of cheating to start with because this is technically two makes, but I couldn't choose between my Lander Pants! Having had this pattern for a while, I finally made a pair at the start of 2020 and it's my new favourite pattern, definitely the best-fitting trouser pattern that I've ever used. The gingham Lander Pants pictured above turned out so well and I really love them.


I wanted to include my black Landers too because I've worn them so much this year. They're not quite as exciting as the gingham ones but I love the classic look of them and really enjoy wearing them. I haven't been able to wear my gingham ones quite as much as I made them towards the end of summer but I'm looking forward to wearing those next year.


This zip-neck top is special as it's made from one of my fabrics from Tokyo. I'm proud of how well this top turned out, the zip especially. It also feels very me, and alongside this jumper I'm pleased to have conquered zip-necks!


I wanted to include this top too as, like the red one, it feels very me. This top is a copy of a navy one that I made last year and I love how it turned out. The fabric is also really lovely and makes the top what it is.


I'm not much of a dress person but I really wanted to make myself a summer dress to wear this year. After watching the Sewing Bee I decided to make this black floral Shelby Dress. I'm so happy with how it looks and loved wearing it during the summer.


Finally, I had to include my black joggers because that's what I've really been wearing in 2020! Lockdown made me realise that I needed another pair of joggers and I enjoy wearing these so much. I especially like the cuff which I'd like to add onto another pair too.

I love all of these makes and also a lot of the others that I haven't added to this list. Next year I'd like to make even more pairs of trousers, definitely some more joggers and maybe even more Landers! If you're interested, here were my top 5 favourite makes in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
As always thank you for following along with my sewing this year, see you in 2021!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a productive year! I especially like the red jacket and the black joggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I love both versions of your Lander pants! The gingham looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your makes are fabulous, you are truly inspiring. I would absolutely love to own my very own pair of Landers pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brilliant makes! Both those pairs of Landers are lovely. I love your summer dress too. Here's hoping we get more chances to wear clothes that aren't trackies this year!

    ReplyDelete