Saturday 15 January 2022

English Paper Piecing Quilt Update

It's a new year, which means it's time for another update on my English Paper Piecing quilt! This quilt has been my EPP project since 2019 and it's brought me a lot of happiness hand sewing it together over the years. My last update was in February 2021, and whilst the colour scheme hasn't changed drastically two rows have since been added so it is a lot bigger now. 
Most importantly, it's now nearly finished! I have been saying that for a while and considering it's been three years in the making nearly finished does not mean finished soon, but I will now be adding the final row to the right hand side of the quilt. I've decided to add two more rows to the bottom to make it the right size to fit a bed rather than a square shape.


Despite multiple attempts this was the best photo I got of the entire quilt. My parents were supposed to be holding it straight, so they can be blamed for the lack of photographs... You can still see the colour gradient pretty well here, although I tend to think of the blue as the top left corner rather than top right. I've put together all the updates I've done on this quilt in one place, making it easy to see just how much the colour gradient has changed over time. It now looks mainly pink to me, but for a long time it was definitely blue. This is what the quilt looked like a year ago, and this was it two years ago.


I love writing these updates and seeing how much my quilt has changed over time. People are sometimes taken aback by the fact that I'm still working on this three years later, but it was always intended to be a long-term project and I've added to it continuously over those three years. Last term at Uni I made the next set of blocks and this term I've brought the entire quilt with me to attach the next row. It's very big now and not easy to store, but it certainly adds a lot of colour to my room. Even though it's still in progress it's nice to look at (but not to sit on, there will invariably be a needle somewhere!).

1 comment:

  1. It looks fabulous and I love all the colours. I hope all is going well at university.

    ReplyDelete