Wednesday 5 June 2019

Papercut Patterns Guise Pants


I'm currently enjoying sewing trousers. While on the more difficult end of dressmaking (mainly to do with the fit) they are not only a satisfyingly in-depth garment to make but I find that trousers always get a lot of wear. I love more complicated projects which really allow you to think about the details and trousers are great for that too.  As I mentioned the one downside to sewing trousers are the stuggles with the fit but I think (or at least hope!) that I'm starting to come to grips with a few of the more basic fitting issues and how to solve them.


This suiting fabric from Minerva Crafts seemed to me to be a great oppurtunity to pursue making trousers further and and an excuse to purchase a couple more trouser patterns. I really like the idea of suiting, a traditionally smarter fabric, being worn everyday and wanted to create an everyday pair of trousers out of a smarter fabric. The colour of the fabric was more brown than I was expecting which to me meant that a more modern cut would be required so some pattern hacking was also in order.


I have a pair of ready-to-wear trousers that I love and wanted to try and re-create and thus embarked on a quest to find a matching pattern. The Papercut Patterns Guise Pants were the closest match I could find and one of the details that I really liked about the pattern were the welt pockets.
They were definitely hard to sew but very much worth it, I'm so pleased with them and am also happy to have tried a new technique.

Feel free to head over to Minerva Crafts to read the full blog post.

2 comments:

  1. I love these on you! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely trousers, just the style that I have been on the look-out for! x

    ReplyDelete