Wednesday 29 May 2019

Duck Egg Blue Anima Pants


What better way to celebrate the arrival of spring that to make a pair of teal trousers?! While the idea of this sounded slightly over the top in my head, in reality the right fabric and pattern lead to a very wearable and already much loved pair of new trousers.


I used this stunning loopback jersey from Guthrie and Ghani to make these trousers. The fabric is truly gorgeous, it feels so soft and the colour is lovely. I actually planned these before I made my grey pair of Anima pants. I asked for the pattern and fabric for my birthday but the time of year seemed wrong to make a blue pair of trousers. I'd always planned on making a grey pair too and ended up making those first as they were more seasonally appropriate. The blue jersey wasn't forgotten though and I'm really pleased that it was finally sunny enough to justify making them!


Sewing this pair was slightly different to sewing the other pair due to the different fabric weights. Loopback jersey is more of a medium weight jersey wheras the grey fabric that I used last time was very stable and more like a sweatshirt knit. I don't mind sewing with stretchy fabrics but I definitely noticed a difference, in particular with the waistband which was much harder to sew than last time as the jersey was so stretchy. I was slightly worried that the lighter weight jersey wouldn't work as well for the shaping of the pattern but they hang really nicely. The way the two pairs hang is different, but I think that the pattern is a brilliant design as both fabrics seem to work well.


It's not often that I find a pattern (especially a trouser pattern) that fits me perfectly but the Papercut Patterns Amina pants do. Elasticated waists are, of course, much easier to fit but it's the shaping of the legs that I think works really well. I mentioned last time how much I like the faux fly detail - well, I still do! I also love the look that the channelling on the elastic gives, definitely worth the horrors of trying to sew it.
I finished these exactly the same as my last pair, with a 2.5cm roll up at the hem. Despite having made two pairs of these I anticipate making a third, I'd really like to make a pair in a woven fabric next.

6 comments:

  1. These look fab! Such a gorgeous colour and a great fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pants are so cute! I'm really in love with this pattern and may have to give it a go for myself and my girls. It looks so comfortable without sacrificing style! This color suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pants!!!!!! Teal is perfect for the season, and they fit beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great Anna, I love the colour it suits you, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're really lovely - great fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete