Sunday 10 September 2017

Stoff & Stil

Photo: Stoff & Stil

One of the best parts of my summer was my visit to Stoff & Stil, one of the most incredible fabric shops. It is truly amazing - it's huge! It was extremely exciting, and I bought quite a bit of fabric, which I'm sharing as part of my fabric shopping series. The best part was definitely their outstanding selection of knit fabrics, something that I can't find so much as home. Here are some of my finds:


The first is this lovely grey and white stripe knit fabric. I've wanted to make a Tilly and the Buttons Coco dress for a while, and I was looking for the perfect stipe fabric, and I found it! I really love this fabric (so much that I've actually already made the dress!) it's exactly what I was looking for.


Other than the fabric above, I wasn't really looking for anything in particular. I quite like wandering around fabric shops and being hit with inspiration for a sewing project when I see a certain fabric. The next fabric is another knit, it's really gorgeous. The background is navy, and is has flecks of pink, purple, mustard and white on it. I've bought enough to make some pyjama shorts for my sister as well as a Grainline Studio Linden Sweatshirt for me.



This one is actually for another Linden Sweatshirt. I want to make a super cosy jumper for the colder weather that's creeping in, and this fabric is just perfect. It's quite thick, and is navy flecked with white, exactly the kind of autumnal fabric I love!


Finally, I also have some navy crushed velvet. I've never sewn anything with velvet before, and I don't have very much of this, but I'd like to make a simple skirt. The fabric hangs very nicely, so I think that it would work very well as a skirt.


So here are all the fabrics together. I'm very excited about all of these! Despite having bought them in the summer, I think that the muted colours show more of a leaning towards autumn, which is good as I'll be able to get a lot of wear out of the garments.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! Watch out for sewing velvet by cutting it with the nap going the right way and tacking your seams because it moves on the nap under the foot. Pinning just doesn't cut it. A roller ball foot is useful here too. Good Luck, can't wait. Jo x

    ReplyDelete