Thursday 7 November 2019

Purple Linden Sweatshirt


I mentioned in my post about my grey linden that I had another planned and here it is! I bought this purple rib at the same time as the light grey one and although the grey was always going to be a linden, this one wasn't. However, I loved the grey linden so much that I decided to make another! I find tops like this perfect during colder months as they mean I can wear a t-shirt underneath so I knew that I'd get a lot of wear out of both of them.  



This shade of purple isn't usually the kind of colour that I buy, but I thought it was nice for a change and it's quite an unusual colour. It's a fairly heavy weight rib so perfect for a jumper. The only thing I changed between this and my previous linden was the neck hole - on this one I decided to make the sleeves slightly narrower at the top to have a smaller neck hole as I've found that with a really stretchy fabric it's easy to overstretch the neckband by cutting it too small. It also really annoys me when the neck hole is too big and shows the t-shirt being worn underneath so this seemed like an ideal solution. It worked pretty well but I think that it maybe wasn't ideal with the heavier weight rib as there is a slight bunching towards the top of the sleeves. However, this has softened over time so it might just be that it's very noticable to me!



The only thing I didn't foresee is that this rib is actually quite a bit heavier than the grey. I couldn't really tell initially as there isn't a big difference between the two. It feels more obvious when the top is actually being worn as it doesn't hang as well. I still really like it but the grey one has defintiely been worn more, probably due to a combination of a better weight fabric and a colour that is more me.

3 comments:

  1. I love this color on you! What a great choice for this Linden and your sewing skills are to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color on you. Your changes to neck and sleeve were just the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is such a pretty one on you! I am glad you tried it in the Linden!

    ReplyDelete