Monday 23 August 2021

My Handmade Holiday Wardrobe

I always enjoy packing my handmade clothes to take with me on holiday and being able to wear something I've made always makes me smile. I've also found that limited packing space means that holidays are a great opportuntiy to pair my makes in ways that I don't at home. Usually, holidays also give me a chance to wear summer makes, although this year we went to Scotland and the weather was not in our favour! 
Last time I did a handmade holiday roundup was in 2017 and it's nice to be able to look back and see how much my sewing has improved. Whilst we did miss the heatwave that the rest of the UK experienced I also did a roundup of a week of handmade outfits at the start of summer so I have at least been able to wear a few warm weather items this year.



My Gingham Lander Pants have been a favourite of mine since I made them. I usually wear them with a plain white t-shirt, but I brought this orange t-shirt with me on holiday and I thought that the two went well together. I made this t-shirt quite recently out of leftovers from this top and it was a really great one to wear on holiday. We were on the Isles of Mull and Skye for the most part of the holiday and this t-shirt was perfect for walking and cycling.



This outfit is a pretty accurate depiction of what I wore most days for going on walks or cycle rides. I really like being able to wear a handmade t-shirt even if it's hidden under a jumper (which it almost always was - it was cold!). I made this stripy boxy t-shirt in 2019 and it's a really simple one that's easy to throw on.



We finished our holiday in Edingburgh which gave me the opportunity to wear my Lander Pants again. They weren't quite warm enough to wear on most days as they're made from a cotton fabric rather than a denim but they were perfect for walking around the city. 

Zadie Jumpsuit

I'm so happy that I got to wear my Zadie Jumpsuit! It's still a little out of my comfort zone for wearing everyday so it was one of the first things that I packed to take with me on holiday. This was another good one for wearing around Edingburgh.

Black Lander Pants

I really enjoyed wearing my gingham Landers in Scotland but regretted not bringing my black denim pair with me too. I made sure to take them with me when we went to visit my Grandparents and as predicted I wore them a lot. The top that I'm wearing them with here is also handmade and is a new favourite that I've worn a lot since making, I'll share the blogpost for it soon.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfits! You must have missed the heatwave here in Scotland, too. July was really amazing, with the exception of very few cooler days. I hope you didn't have too many midges up on the islands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! I am so glad you are getting good use of your holiday pieces.

    ReplyDelete