Friday 10 January 2020

White Long Sleeved T-shirt


The top is a perfect example of how the most simple makes are the most useful ones. Last summer, I made myself a white t-shirt. I had no idea just how much wear I would get out of it, so making a long-sleeved white t-shirt to wear when the weather is a bit colder was imminent. I'll probably have to make another short-sleeved one at some point too, I really have nearly worn it to death!


Unlike the twist that I added to the short-sleeved t-shirt, this one is as simple as it could possibly be. I wanted to have a t-shirt that I could pair with anything and it's been perfect for wearing with patterned trousers like these ones or these. The other great thing about this top is that it took hardly any time to make! T-shirts are the perfect project to whip up when you only have a small amout of time and they also use very little fabric.


Whilst this is as simple as possible, I did decide to add a lettuce hem - just becuase I love the finish. It's pretty subtle on this top and leads to a much better finish on jersey than having to hem it. I'm so pleased with this quick and easy make. It might seem like a boring thing to sew but I love speedy projects and it's alwasy nice making something that I know I'll get a lot of wear out of.

3 comments:

  1. Your sewing is beautiful. I've only ever knit and I only taught myself to crochet in 2018. I can sew a bit by hand, but nothing more than a simple straight line. Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lettuce hem is a wonderful addition! I find that basics are the workhorse of my closet, and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely basic with extra detail! X

    ReplyDelete