Sunday 26 April 2020

Tilly and the Buttons ‘Love your nails’ Jersey Top


When Tilly and the Buttons announced that they were releasing a line of cotton jersey fabrics with Craft Cotton Co, I was immediately looking forward to sewing with them. With 8 designs to choose from, they are a lovely quality organic jersey fabric perfect for sewing jersey tops. I love sewing with jersey so for me this was the perfect collaboration!


My first TATB jersey make is with the handprint design called 'Love your nails'. It's a really fun design, my favourite part is that the colours of the nails match the colour schemes of the other fabrics! I don't tend to sew with designs like this one but it was nice to make something a bit different. Because the print is the main feature of this design I like that it has a simple black background so it isn't too overpowering. 


Because the top is so simple I did want to add something a bit more interesting to the hem. A lettuce hem is my favourite finish for jersey tops and worked really well on this one. The only thing that annoys me is that the wrong side of this fabric is white and this does show slightly with the lettuce hem. It's not really a big problem but it is something to bear in mind. 


This top was a really fun and simple make. It's not the kind of fabric that I would usually sew with but I really like it. I'm looking forward to making some more things out of the TATB jerseys, they're a really lovely line of fabrics.

You can read more about this top over on the Craft Cotton Co blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute top! I think you did a great job on the lettuce hem, and it adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this fabric and it is just plain fun to look at! I wish I had this fabric to make for my girls. :)

    ReplyDelete