Thursday 12 December 2019

Long Sleeved Black Sparkly Top


I don't tend to keep fabric lying around for ages without making anything from it but this was one that I got for Christmas last year: too cold for January and February and then too dark for the summer months. It's quite nice to be able to whip out a piece of fabric at the start of a season though which was exactly what I did this autumn.


This fabric is truly gorgeous. It's a black knit fabric (but with very little stretch) with a really subtle silver sparkle in it. I spent an unnecessarily long time umming and ahhing over what to make with it but settled on a simple long sleeved t-shirt which was the perfect design. I added black ribbing for the cuffs and neckband left over from this top which is the perfect extra touch. I would love to add ribbing to the cuffs of all my jumpers but finding matching ribbing is so difficult! I was really pleased to find a few scraps of black rib left over.


This is such a simple top but I love how the sparkle elevates it. Because the colours are quite dark I've been enjoying wearing it with my grey Anima Pants, an outfit which is super comfy. I'm pleased that I waited and planned the right thing to make with the fabric rather than jumping in and making the first thing that sprung to mind.

2 comments: