Tuesday 17 October 2017

Teal Linden Sweatshirt


I have yet another Linden Sweatshirt to share today, and it's also another that I've made for my Mum! This is her favourite pattern for me to sew for her, you can see the other Linden sweatshirt I've made her here. It's pretty much exactly the same as the last version: I sewed view A minus the cuffs and hem band, and with 3/4 length sleeves.


I really love sewing things for my mum! She plans each project herself and she bought the fabric for this when we were on holiday. It's a really gorgeous teal jersey fabric from Stoff 2000, it was so lovely to sew with. Adding little details is always my favourite thing to do with plain fabrics, and I love how much simply adding a wide double hem changes the finish of the garment.


My Mum really likes this jumper, and as I've mentioned before I love seeing her wearing clothes that I've made for her! I've now made her three garments that she wears quite regularly. My only regret is that I didn't buy some of this fabric too... I really want one for myself now!

6 comments:

  1. that's super cute! I can see why your Mum loves it so much. What a fantastic daughter you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric color! I zoomed in to see your label--that is such a nice touch. I have often thought about getting some kind of label to put in my kids' clothes when I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love it if my daughter made such a beautiful jumper for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Let's Get Sewing for your comments. Just been looking at your blog, it's lovely. When I was in secondary school, I did sewing and loved it. I hardly sew at all now preferring knitting or mainly crochet. I've lost count of the patterns and material I've bought but never used. At school I made a skirt, dress and a top. For the last yrs I choose soft furnishings and made curtains and a bed spread - basically a giant pillow case for my open sleeping bag to go in over my bed. Like a modern day quilt. We had to produce a very interesting folder, mine was very thick, stuffed with info and magazine clippings on every subject related to sewing. Memories! All the best and keep enjoying what you do. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum is so lucky to have you making such wonderful clothes for her. This top is fabulous. I love the color and it looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this - I think I have to jump on the Linden bandwagon... :-D

    ReplyDelete