Friday 23 October 2020

Hand-decorated Sewing Boxes

 

I can't believe I'm writing this - I've opened an Etsy shop! This is something that I've put off doing for a long time but I've now taken the plunge to launch it. On it you can find sewing boxes, designed and decorated by me.  


The thing with a hobby like sewing is that you end up with a lot of stuff. My sewing space is always scattered with notions like zips, buttons, ribbons and thread. I like to store all these accessories in boxes and drawers that actually look nice, so I decided to decorate some.


The bottom section of each box is painted and the top features a panel from a sewing pattern. I love the two together, they definitely provide something that is practical as well as looking lovely.


The boxes measure 16x16x7cm and are ideal for storing sewing notions. I use mine to store pattern weights, spare sewing machine needles, zips and basically any other sewing notions that need a storage space! They would also be ideal for storing fat quarters of fabric or English paper piecing tools.


These would make a lovely gift for anyone who loves to sew, especially filled with fabric or a handmade present.


I hope you like these boxes! If you'd like to buy one, you can do so on my Etsy shop. I've really enjoyed both making and using them and love the thought of others using them too.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so amazing, and your boxes are cute! I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job they are lovely and good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Etsy business, the boxes look fab!

    ReplyDelete