Sunday 22 November 2020

Handmade Forest Green Jumper


I've liked the colour forest green for so long that it seems crazy to me that this is the first item of clothing that I own in that colour. It wasn't hard choosing this fabric from the Minerva website as it's exactly the colour that I had in mind and I love cotton jersey. Deciding what to make out of the fabric once it arrived proved to be a much harder decision as I think it would have looked good as pretty much any style of top.


In the end, I decided to make a jumper - it's such a great item of loungewear. Because it's new it feels more put together than a hoodie, but it's also really comfy. I'm living in joggers at the moment but I think it will look really nice worn with jeans too in the autumn/winter months. I made the jumper really oversized with dropped shoulders, adding to the comfort. Cotton jersey isn't really typical for jumpers so I added cuffs to make it look less like a top, a hem-band would also reinforce this although I just left the hem raw. I like how the raw hem rolls up and it's obviously a really quick and easy finish.

To finish off the top, I added an Eiffel Tower patch to it. I thought the plain top needed a little something extra and this was the perfect addition. You may recognise the patch from a top that I made a few years ago - this simple grey t-shirt. I wore that top so much and was really disappointed when it no longer fit, but I'm glad that I got to reuse the patch. I bought it on my first trip to Frou-Frou in Paris.

You can head over to my profile on the new Minerva website to read more

2 comments:

  1. It’s a very good color for you. I like the cuffs very much and I like the way knits roll unfinished as well. Sounds like you either have to travel or mail order fabric as I do. I finally broke down and ordered swatches this week, to help plan my damage Black Friday shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this green jumper, the colour really suits you. I always liked green but wear very little green clothes. I also never made a jumper, except of the knitted variety. Living in joggers is quite the thing, isn't it? My favourite item of clothing just now, too. I'll check our your Minerva fabric link for some jumper fabric. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete