Saturday 23 November 2019

Miffy Pyjamas


This is a make which turned out better than expected and that I like more and more every time I look at it - Miffy pyjamas! This isn't typcially a fabric that I would sew with which is why it's so nice to have the opportunity to experiment with different fabrics from time to time. I tend to stick to plain fabrics or more geometrical prints but Craft Cotton Co asked me if I could make them a sample out of their lovely new Miffy Jersey fabric and to me it was just perfect for a pair of pyjamas. It's a really good weight too and of course the print is really cute, so perfect for something comfy. 


There are two parts to the set that I made, a top and trousers. One of the great things about it is that they can be worn interchangably, I really like that added versatility. For the trousers I of course used my beloved Anima Pants sewing pattern - my fourth pair! This is the first time I've used it for pyjamas, previous versions (here, here and -my latest favourite pair- here) are all jogging trousers.


Because the jersey isn't too lightweight it was perfect for jogging trousers. As usual, the waistband was midly horrific to sew but I am getting used to the amount of arm strength needed! I finished these off with a drawstring made from the same fabric which is knotted at the end. I think it's perfect for pyjamas as opposed to cord which makes them more for day wear.


For the top I went for a Linden - of course! This is the second view which I have made twice previously (here and here) and although those were my first few Lindens I hadn't made that view since. It's perfect for a simply pyjama top though and fits really well.


After a very exciting trip to a trade show in Houston the pyjamas were kindly sent back to me and I can't wait to wear them! I'm so happy to have had an excuse to make them, I really pleased with how they turned out.

3 comments:

  1. They look fab. I bet they are really comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much digging the miffy, and the jogger bottoms and Linden top just make them that much cooler.

    ReplyDelete