Wednesday 17 April 2019

Two Stripy Tops


Sometimes the most simple makes are the most successful. To me, this ribbed jersey screamed out to be made into a t-shirt. Not a particularly complex t-shirt, just a classic everyday top. I wanted to create a top that wasn't too fitted but wasn't boxy and that was cropped just the right amount. In other words, the perfect everyday t-shirt. 


While a lot of people may find sewing t-shirts boring, I actually really enjoy. Not only are they really satisfyingly quick to make, they also tend to be the clothes that get the most wear. I made a few basic t-shirts last year and realised just how much they get worn throughout spring and summer. I've never felt the need to purchase a t-shirt pattern as alterations to existing patterns are just so easy to do. 


I ended up with quite a bit of fabric left over as a simple top like this doesn't require much fabric at all. So - I made another one! I asked my sister whether she'd like a top too and she said yes so I whipped up an identical top. I just love that we have matching tops and while I know that we will almost certainly never wear them at the same time it's nice knowing that we could! 

Feel free to head over to Minerva Crafts to read the full blog post.

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree, t-shirt sewing is very satisfying. I made two already this spring. I do love this striped fabric and will check it out on Minerva. I hope your sister knows how lucky she is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your striped top! It was nice of you to sew one for your sister too. Congratulations on the blog post on Minerva Crafts! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arh that's sweet that you could wear them at the same time - if you wanted too! Well done, they look great. Simple and stylish. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice that you had enough to make a top for your sister, as well! Tees are a wonderfully versatile garment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so thoughtful to sew for others. I love the fabric for this t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. T-shirt perfection :) I should take a leaf out of your book and just make my own pattern not try them all! This stripey one is classic :)

    ReplyDelete